Monday, August 9, 2010

Baby Steps

Writing has always come fairly easy to me. I'm pretty good at grammar and style, but when it comes to the content of the piece, I tend to struggle. What's worse is that I can't seem to get motivated to write anything. I have plenty of things in my head that would be potential topics, but I am so lazy that I am incapable of putting words on the screen. I am amazed that I'm writing anything at all right now! [be amazed.]

My life in Austin, Texas this past year has not been when I expected it to be. Moving from the capitol city of the nation to the capitol city of Texas was supposed to be a turning point in my life. Maybe it was. I mean, I met the love of my life here, so I can't complain about that. But I don't have much else to show for the past year's worth of my existence. I'm broke, jobless, and in debt. I've lost most of my intellectual confidence, gained a few pounds of weight, and cut my long hair into a short mess. But maybe, throughout this time of uncertainty, God has used this past year of tears, as therapy to bring me to a state of healing so that I would be able to more clearly understand what he is to lay out for me.

As I embark on this new chapter (which will not be revealed publicly for a few more months), I look forward to figuring out how God's going to use it. Oh, how I hope he does.



That's all for now.


Baby steps.

No comments: